"There is something about Lauren’s energy behind the camera that is so infectious that it melts away any insecurities and just makes her sessions SO FUN. Her pictures are treasures that I’m so thankful I’ve invested in and will have forever. She is magical. I don’t believe she can take a bad picture."
Hi! I'm Lauren!
Writing about myself is one of my least favorite things (right up there with being photographed), but here we go!
My love for photography started in college at The Ringling School of Art and Design. I wasn't a photo major, I just liked taking pictures of my friends and piles of junk for fun with an old 35mm camera. I graduated in 2003 with a BFA in Illustration and moved to NYC where I worked as an illustrator and designer for a children's apparel company and freelanced for Nickelodeon and Disney Television. After a few years of missing out on having a yard, I moved to Athens Georgia, fell in love with the south, started taking pictures of people in love with my best friend, called it Twin Hearts Photography, and the rest is history!
I love creating an environment that helps me make connected, authentic photos. We'll laugh. I'll look for the perfect light and secretly document the tender moments you didn't think anyone saw. I believe that wedding photography should tell the story of your day, but it shouldn't be orchestrated - I'll let your story unfold and capture it all with my camera.
I will also cry. I'm a delicate flower.
- Extracurricular activities include : training & competing on my horse, drawing & painting, playing music, hiking, and sitting on a boat/in a canoe
- Taller than I seem
- If you're into it: I'm an INFP-T, Enneagram 4, Libra sun>Taurus moon>Scorpio rising
- I have a horse named Penny, a French Bulldog named Reggie, and an Olde English Bulldogge named Hank and I love them in that order (don't tell Hank)
- My favorite movie is E.T.
- I'm a second degree brown belt in Tae Kwon Do but I was like 12 when I got it so I dunno if it still counts
- I'm a big, big fan of the Simpsons
- Also a big, big fan of eating pizza